We always love hearing from prospective new members – being involved in not-for-profit theatre is a great way to meet new people and really rewarding, and there’s lots of different areas you can get involved with. It is also a great way to prepare for a career in the performing arts.
• Find out about some of our former members •
• Take a look at some MTS Workshops •
• Fill in a Membership Enquiry Form•
• See what we get up to when we’re not on stage •
(Being a member of MTS isn’t all hard work!)
All members wishing to be on stage must complete an audition where you will be expected to sing, dance and act. This is really not as scary as it sounds and we are a very welcoming, encouraging bunch! Please fill in this form if you are interested in becoming a member of MTS.
- Sing – A short vocal audition is required. Please sing a musical theatre song and provide sheet music (not a backing track). It is not permitted to sing unaccompanied.
- Dance – Our choreographer will set you a very simple movement routine with the rest of the prospective new members that are auditioning – you will not be expected to dance solo!
- Act – A short passage of prose or script will be provided for you to read.
Auditions are held by appointment only, please fill in the Membership Enquiry Form to register your interest and we will get back to you. Please remember you must be 16 years old or over to become a member of MTS.
As a performing member, you get the benefit of experienced professional producers, and the opportunity to appear in fully-staged and costumed shows. We also use professional choreographers. Our musical director has unending patience and is very encouraging to people of all ages and with differing levels of musical skills.
Behind the Scenes
There are lots of opportunities to get involved off the stage, these include:
Just fill in the Membership Enquiry Form and let us know which area you’re interested in (don’t worry if you’re not sure!) and we’ll get back to you. For more information on working behind the scenes, click here.